Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic Merton Mutual Aid Group, Merton Voluntary Service Council and other associations and volunteer organisations have been working closely to support the residents of Merton, NHS staff and other key workers.
Focus is now moving to support local teams as they mobilise to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine. In Merton it is anticipated that initially four local hubs will be situated across the Borough providing the vaccine. Hubs are planned to operate 8am to 8pm, 5 days a week on a 4-hour shift patterns (this is subject to change).
Current plans are for Wilson Hospital to become Merton’s first hub to deploy the first batch of the vaccine from Tuesday 15 December – Friday 18 December to registered patients with appointments. Other hubs are anticipated to become operational from early January through to early spring. More information will be shared once confirmed.
Volunteers are needed to assist during the coming weeks and during the early part of 2021.
Duties may include:
- Daily setting up within the hubs.
- Dealing with registering patients.
- Supervising the queue and any other issues that may require assistance.
Requirements for joining the team:
- You will need to have a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check undertaken. This would be arranged for you.
- You will be required to sign a liability insurance document.
To register your interest to volunteer:
- Email email@example.com with the subject heading: “Vaccine Hub Volunteer Interested”, thereafter you will be contacted with detailed next steps.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Merton Mutual Aid Group members:
Alex Fisher M 07491 901624 or Zaline Iqbal M 07979 524321.
Alternatively, visit the Merton Mutual Aid Group Facebook site www.facebook.com/groups/mertonmutualaid/