Volunteer Manager Wanted
As a fans-owned club, volunteers have been integral to AFC Wimbledon’s rise.
Dons Trust has created a new role for the right person to make an important contribution to their remarkable story.
Can you spare 5 hours per week to support their Central Volunteer Team in the following capacity?
Professional Don Volunteer Manager
- Team – Volunteer
- Location – Remote Working
- Reporting to – Rick Thomas
- Hours – Approximately 5 hours / week
- Assignment Duration – Six months minimum
THE DONS TRUST
- The Dons Trust are the owners of AFC Wimbledon.
- Their strength is that they are fans-owned. They need you to help them reach their full potential.
This role is part of the central volunteer team. The team aims to coordinate the Dons Trust volunteering programme and ensure they fill the needs of several organisations connected with AFC Wimbledon and the experience of volunteers is both fulfilling and rewarding.
All volunteers are ambassadors for the various bodies that are associated with AFC Wimbledon, including the likes of the Dons Trust, AFC Wimbledon, AFC Wimbledon Ladies, AFC Wimbledon Foundation, Wimbledon in Sporting History, and We Are Wimbledon Fund. This role is essential to the development of all of them. It will involve gathering the needs from across the six and matching them to the skill sets of their volunteer pool, putting forward the most suitable individuals.
- Create, run and maintain a robust volunteer request system for the benefit of all the senior staff of those bodies
- Create and run an effective system to support the pastoral needs of volunteers
- Ensure that excellent volunteer work is highlighted and acknowledged as appropriate – a new internal communications system will be implemented soon to help
- Develop and maintain a group of volunteers that feel part of a supportive team
- Deal with conflicts and discipline issues that might arise promptly and professionally, in line with policy
- Attend regular virtual meetings with the wider volunteer management team
- Use the My Impact volunteer system: to input new professional volunteers into the system, and to match the appropriate volunteers to tasks requested
- Identify individuals who may be able to help coordinate sub-sets of professional volunteers (eg lawyers, designers)
- Produce monthly reports and learnings for the Dons Trust Board (DTB)
- Liaise and feedback between the DTB and the volunteers
- Continue to look for and share best practice
By September 2021, the successful candidate will have placed 30 professional volunteers across the various bodies.
By December 2021, to have set and achieved a ‘healthy’ retention rate for our Professional Don volunteers.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
Skills and qualifications
- Experience of volunteer management
- Experience of using databases
- Excellent project management skills
- A commitment to fan ownership
- A commitment to Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Friendly and approachable
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
- Experience of My Impact software
- Conflict management experience
- Presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for this role please send a covering letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm Wednesday, 17 March 2021. Interviews for this role will take place on Wednesday, 24 March 2021. For further details please contact email@example.com .