- Do you want to really change your community for the better?
- Do you want to help bring people together again?
- Do you want to have fun and meet new friends and neighbours?
We are looking for friendly volunteers to help support our popular, free and fun Walk and Talks for the whole community in lovely local green spaces.
About The Walk and Talk Movement
The Walk and Talk Movement’s mission is to provide weekly community walk and talks, because health and happiness can be a walk in the park. We have already brought many hundreds of local people together in our proven, popular, successful and growing Walk and Talks across Merton, which take place every Saturday morning at 10.30am.
Our website: https://wewalkandtalk.org/
Our growing Facebook page and groups: https://www.facebook.com/wewalkandtalk
Our Walk and Talks are a chance for all generations to take a stroll, chat, meet friends and make new ones. Everybody, and pets, are welcome. Our walkers and talkers can walk for as long or as short as they like and at whatever pace they like. We do a variety of Walk and Talks together and often link in with local fun community activities.
We need volunteers to help facilitate our Walk and Talks. To welcome people, to walk and talk with our community, to have fun and to get people talking, smiling and laughing together.
We make volunteering really easy and enjoyable. We provide all the training, support and equipment you need. You can volunteer for as little as a few hours a month or as much as you want. You are never on your own. Our volunteers support each other. Volunteering means you become part of our friendly team. We build a sense of mutual belonging, confidence and happiness. You also get some lovely perks. A free tea or coffee on us every time you volunteer, a free book, useful skills such as First Aid Training…with new perks and support coming soon.
- You are friendly, personable and enthusiastic about supporting your local community.
- You live within easy reach of one of our locations in Mitcham, Morden, Colliers Wood and Wimbledon: https://www.walkandtalkmovement.org/locations.
- You like walking and talking!