Grandmentors Merton is an innovative intergenerational mentoring project harnessing the energy, skills and experience of older volunteers to support young people leaving the care system.
We are recruiting volunteer mentors who are passionate about helping young people succeed and are looking for a way to give back to the Merton community.
– Meet with a young person (16-24) a few times a month (usually weekly/fortnightly).
– Builds up a relationship based on trust and mutual respect.
– Acts as a positive role model, helping boost confidence and self-esteem to encourage ambition and aspiration.
– Helps the young person plan and work towards goals in relation to employment, education or training.
– Initial and on-going training.
– Individual support from the Project Coordinator.
– Regular Support Group meetings with other mentors.
– Reimbursement of travel costs and other out-of-pocket expenses associated with the meetings.
– Able to commit for 12 months.
– Aged 50+ (not necessarily exclusive).
– Resident of Merton or surrounding areas.
– No experience required.
|Application Process:||Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and job description|
|Employer:||Volunteering Matters - Grandmentors Merton|
|Job Description File(s):|