Support Wimbledon Guild whilst having labrad-oodles of fun at Waggy Walk
Local community charity Wimbledon Guild is back with their biggest fundraising event of the year – Waggy Walk is on Saturday 1st October and this year dogs go FREE!
Support Wimbledon Guild whilst having labrad-oodles of fun with your canine companion, family, or friends. All money raised will go towards the charity’s work to make sure that no one in Merton has to face life’s challenges alone.
No dog? No problem! The fun and friendly family day out is open to everyone, with or without dogs.
- Walk either the 4km or 7km route through picturesque Wimbledon Common.
- The routes start and finish at the award-winning Hand in Hand pub which will be providing pre-walk drinks and snacks.
- Every dog who completes the event will receive a goody bag from luxury pet shop, Pet Pavilion.
- All Waggy walkers can enjoy a post-walk sausage roll, freshly baked by Two Teaspoons (veggie and meat options available).
- Plus, local estate agent John D Wood will be giving out goodies for your four-legged friends.
Thanks go to local estate agents John D Wood, specialist property lawyers Ashworth Solicitors and boutique pet store Pet Pavilion for sponsoring the event.
How Wimbledon Guild Waggy Walk Supports our Community
Wimbledon Guild Waggy Walk comes at a time when the charity is supporting our community with the increase in the cost of living. They’ve seen a 60% rise in referrals for advice and financial assistance between April – June compared to the same period last year.
Mark Williams, Head of Communications, explains:
The pandemic was extremely challenging for our community, and we saw a 48% increase in people asking for our support. We’re now adapting to a new challenge in supporting our community during the current cost of living increases.
We’re providing one-off grants for people who have exhausted all other avenues to help them pay for things like food, gas, and electricity. We distributed nearly £40,000 in grants to 190 households during early 2022. With further energy price rises expected in October, we know there will be more people who need our support.
Last year nearly 300 people signed up to take part in Waggy Walk and it will be wonderful to see so many dogs and their owners having fun again this year whilst raising money to support our work.
Event & Ticket Information
Book your tickets today!
- Dogs go FREE
- Family tickets are £30 (for 2 adults and 2 children)
- Adult tickets are £15
- Child tickets are £5 (4-16yrs)
- Under 4’s go FREE
Book online at www.wimbledonguild.co.uk/waggywalk
For more information visit www.wimbledonguild.co.uk or call 020 8946 0735.
On the day, registration for the walk opens at 10:30am, walkers can complete the Wimbledon Guild Waggy Walk anytime between 10:30am – 2:30pm.
Terms and conditions apply.