Merton’s Welcome Hub for Ukrainian Refugees is based at The New Horizon Centre, next to Pollard’s Hill Library.
The Hub has been set up and is delivered by Polish Family Association and Commonside Trust, respectively in partnership with Merton Council, since March 2022.
Telephone / What’s App: 07946 670 436
Telephone calls will be answered Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Find the Hub at New Horizon Centre (Next to Pollards Hill Library):
New Horizon Centre
South Lodge Avenue
Pollards Hill, Mitcham
Buses: 152, 255, 60, 463
The Hub provides five basic and essential start out services; helping you with:
- Opening a UK bank account
- Registering for Universal Credit
- Registering with a GP
- Applying to Local State Funded Schools
- Setting up your account with the Home Office
Other things the Hub can help with are:
- Applying for other UK welfare benefits
- Free shopping appointments at the White Eagle Club in Balham (offering good quality donated clothes)
- Applying to The Wimbledon Guild for emergency grants or help with household goods
- Signposting to free or low-cost professional advice and help from other known and trusted organisations
There is also a weekly term-time programme including a gardening group (Mondays); English lessons (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), and Zumba Gold (Thursdays); and details of a Summer Programme will come soon!
More info in the attached flyer; and via the following Websites, Twitter and Facebook pages: