Are you aged 8-12 years? Do you like coming to Polka? Do you want to have a say in how your theatre is run? Join Young Voices!
Young Voices is a unique ambassador scheme for young people aged 8-12 years, involving our VIAM’s (Very Important Audience Members) at every stage of creating the work that is made for them.
As a member of Young Voices you will:
• Have the opportunity to write and publish reviews of Polka productions
• Get a behind-the-scenes look at how we develop new ideas with artists
• Be invited to sit in on rehearsals for new plays
• Have a say in what we programme
• Learn about how we market our plays and give us some tips as to how we can do it better
• Attend meetings with the Polka team and give us feedback on all areas of the theatre
• Gain access to special offers for Take Part workshops (subject to availability)
• Attend regular Young Voices meetings
• Make new friends and have lots of fun
• Get an exclusive Polka Passport and Polka T-Shirt
• Be an ambassador for Polka!
How to apply:
Simply visit the Polka website to find out How to download an application form, or alternatively email email@example.com and she’ll pop an application form in the post for you.
We will also need a short reference from a teacher or adult that isn’t your parent/carer detailing why you would make an excellent Young Voices member.
Once complete email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post it to: Young Voices, Polka Theatre, 240 The Broadway, Wimbledon, SW19 1SB.
If selected, involvement in Young Voices can be for up to five years (depending on age).
Membership is free. All we ask for is commitment!