Monday 17 August, 10.30am
Storytelling & Drama Workshop for 3-5 years
We are off to Norway with Dani for a storytelling and drama workshop! Pack those imaginations as we head off to hear a classic story, the Three Billy Goats Gruff. This is a Norwegian folk tale full of the natural beauty of this Nordic land, animal trickery and a mean old troll! How will you get across the bridge I wonder?
All workshops take place on Zoom – a free-to-use online platform. Participants are also invited to source household objects to join in, varying from pots and pans to sticks and leaves.
Remember your adventure hat and your pocket full of imagination. And just a few other things if you can find them in your homes:
- A saucepan and a wooden spoon (or something that could make the sound of the goats’ feet trip trapping on the bridge)
- A hat (preferably a funny hat or a hat that is too big or too small)
- A rolled-up piece of paper stuck with tape or a toilet roll/kitchen roll as a telescope
- A handful of grass or a drawn picture of some blades of grass
- A picture, drawing or a soft toy of your favourite animal
Places are £6, and participants will receive an activity pack following the workshop containing the stamp to copy into their own Polka Passport, as well as other creative activities. To book your child’s place and find out more, visit polkatheatre.com. The deadline for booking is usually 4pm the day before the event.
What is Passport to Polka?
As part of its continued online offering Polka Theatre, the leading Wimbledon-based children’s theatre, presents Passport to Polka: exploring stories from around the world. The series of six interactive workshops take place over the summer school holidays, and will visit India, Japan, Russia, Norway, Czech Republic and Indonesia. They cater for ages 3-11, and cover drama, storytelling, puppetry, music and dance, led by Polka’s brilliant team of drama practitioners.