With new sectors of the economy permitted to reopen from 4th July 2020 the next Reach Out and Connect zoom get-together will look at the practical steps businesses need to take to be working safely in order to building consumer confidence.
With 38% of the public not feeling confident about their health and safety when returning to the shops (according to a ‘Which?’ survey of 2,002 UK adults carried out at the start of June) giving your customers confidence to return is key to successful ‘Reopening for Business’. Come along and hear from Merton Council’s Regulatory Services Partnership on the steps you need to be taking.
This webinar is primarily, but not exclusively, aimed at Restaurants, Pubs, Bars, Hotels and all those in the hospitality sector.
We will be covering:
• What does 1m+ mean in practice?
• Group limits, overall customer limits and business liability
• Drivers to, and considerations when, serving outside – includes path width, queuing
• Adjusting indoor and outdoor seating and tables
• Anti-social behaviour – toilets, noise
• What if you don’t have outdoor seating?
• Maintaining customer records
• Table bookings / Ordering from tables – App options
• Enforcement policy regarding the rules
• Reducing risk when working in confined spaces eg. kitchen, bar
• Communal facilities
• Playing music or broadcasts
• Advance information and payments
• Signage and communications
• COVID-19 Risk Assessments
• COVID-19 Training
• Office Work Covid-19 Safety Procedures.
Plus, we will be joined by the Met Police who will be giving guidance on Queue management and their PSO London Shield.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT PLEASE CLICK HERE
This meeting will be held via Zoom.